Sunday, May 10, 2009

into the woods and into outer space


congenial, originally uploaded by Lizzie~Belle.

After a matinée viewing of Star Trek yesterday, I headed out to the wildlife sanctuary by Stanley Park, where everything is green and growing.

domestic

cluster

festive

virtue

examine

receive

There was a cottonwood tree down along a path, so I got to see what its flowers look like close up.

cottony

Look: teeny, tiny, baby grapes!

baby grapes!

There was a new sign, complete with a map, about all the trails.

welcome

I've had all those paths in my head for a while, now. :)

Oh, and the movie? I liked it a lot. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen. I've been a Star Trek fan since I was a kid, and it gave me my fix. If you love Star Trek, or even just big, splashy, science fiction movies, go see it.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Oh you *were* there. We haven't checked out the wildlife sanctuary side of the park yet, someday soon...

(Kirk kicks Picard's butt.)

Elizabeth said...

I think you would love it there. It's right up your alley. :)

I have a newfound fondness for Kirk. ;)