Tuesday, February 10, 2009

nice article

Digital Photography School has a nice blog post today about taking good pictures with any camera, which is something we've been talking about lately. Here is the money quote:

"The real difference between an average photo and an amazing photo, is the photographer, not the camera."


It goes on to give tips on how to get the most out of the camera you have, including reading the manual, take your camera with you everywhere you go, and more.

I have no illusions about being a great photographer, but I've learned the limits of my camera and how much I can push them. Yes, I take a lot of pictures that are nothing special, but once in a while I get one that I really love.

pollen

Sure, I wish I had that Nikon with the 18x zoom and image stabilization, but I do pretty well with my little old Kodak Easy Share. It's an old friend that I can depend on for most of what I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The important thing about the camera that you have is; it's the camera that you have!

That is to say, use what you've got and you'll grow much faster with that kind of knowledge than with some crippling thought of new technological advancements in cameras.

I'm thinking of locking up my DSLR for a month and just using my wifes point and shoot everyday. It's probably an exercise I need.

Damien