Tuesday, July 21, 2009

bear


bear, originally uploaded by Lizzie~Belle.

I'm back from a week in New York state, where I had a blast at my class reunion and camped with a bunch of hippies in the woods. Well, not really, but close enough. ;)

This is the bear on the fountain in the middle of Main Street in my hometown of Geneseo, NY. I took this out the window of my car on the way out of town, and didn't notice until I uploaded my pix yesterday that the moon is right there over his head.

When the Americans beat the Russians in the Olympic hockey game in '80, there was a celebration downtown, and the bear got knocked down. As he is a symbol of the town, there was a big to-do over making sure he got repaired. Downtown sure looked empty without him. It was so nice to see him again after all these years.

No comments: